Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Boulevard

My First Love

 I am just going to get this out of the way. I grew up in Kansas City, and believe Boulevard can do no wrong (except for Zon). The first beer I ever had in my life was a Boulevard Wheat. My favorite beer of all time is the Bourbon Barrel Quad. So, in this spot I will be keeping you updated on everything Boulevard. 


So You Are Saying Kansas City Needs Me to Drink Beer? 

The first time I had a Boulevard Pilsner I had come home to watch a K-State football game. Go Cats! It was smooth, refreshing, and gave me a flashback to my trip to the birth of pilsner, Prague. 

My brother was a Manager of a bar and restaurant in Lawrence at the time. He told me that they were selling it at the same price as the other Boulevard beers until they were told by the distributor that it must be sold at the same price or cheaper than "domestic" beers. 

I loved the idea of Boulevard declaring war on the big breweries. Now, I love Boulevard Pilsner even more. Ten percent of sales of this malty bottle of perfection newly coined KC Pils will now go to local charities. I can drink to that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment