Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Beer Cocktail #3

For Beer Cocktail #3 I made The Honey Beer with Lakewood Hop Trapp. Lets call it The Honey Trapp. This cocktail is sweet, light, and refreshing but with that hoppy zing you've been missing.

The recipe by Jill Dobias of Joe & Missesdoe in New York is one of easiest you will come across, and incredibly satisfying. Almost too good to be true.

MissesDoe says to dip half of the Pilsner rim in honey and then lightly in salt, but I figured you can never have too much honey.  So, I dipped the whole glass.

Then, MissesDoe says to combine 1 1/2 oz. gin, 
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
, and 1 tsp. lemon zest
 into a cocktail shaker with ice, and strain over ice. I have strong distaste for my drink ever being watered down. So, I only used ice in the cocktail strainer.


Then you just pour your beer on top, and try saying no to this!


I almost didn't make this drink because I have never been a fan of gin. Boy am I glad someone talked some sense into me. I really cannot recommend The Honey Beer strongly enough.

The recipe itself calls for a pale ale, but I went with Hop Trapp (an IPA) because I am beyond obsessed with hops. I am sure that this recipe would be good with a regular pale ale, but it is incredible with a Lakewood Hop Trapp. Go drink this now, and get caught in The Honey Trapp!


No comments:

Post a Comment